Posts tagged red hot
Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Chili
A buffalo chicken wing inspire bowl of chili served topped with tangy crumbled blue cheese.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 cup beer or chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled blue cheese to taste
- Cook the chicken in a large pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the beer or broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, paprika, oregano, cayenne and hot sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with crumbled blue cheese to taste.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Inspired By: Buffalo Chicken Chili
Recipe: Hands-Down Best Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs. chicken wings and/or drummettes
- 12 oz. Red Hot
- Pour the hot sauce into one large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, seal the bag, and turn the bag several times so the sauce coats the chicken. Put the bag in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours or, for best results, overnight, turning the chicken occasionally to make sure all surface areas are covered with hot sauce.
- Set up your grill for indirect grilling. When the grill is hot, place the wings in the center of a cooking grate over indirect heat. Close the lid of the grill and allow the wings to cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until they begin to brown. Flip each wing and allow to cook for another 20 minutes, until the wings are crispy and cooked through.
- Transfer the wings to a serving platter. Serve with celery, blue cheese, and a cold beer.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Inspired By: Hands-Down Best Chicken Wings
Recipe: Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% cheddar
- 4 wedges light Laughing Cow blue cheese
- 1/3 cup celery stalk, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup carrot, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 (3 oz each) thin boneless chicken breasts cutlets
- 15 reduced fat Ritz Crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp Franks Red Hot
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp light butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking dish with oil.
- Mix cheddar, laughing cow cheese, celery, green onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a dish.
- Lay out the chicken cutlets, placing even amount of mixture in the middle and spread in the center.
- In one bowl make a breading station out of crushed ritz crumbs. In another bowl combine mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, and lemon juice as a dredging mixture.
- Roll chicken breasts in the mayonnaise mixture, then into cracker crumbs, and put on a lightly greased pan, seam side down.
- Lightly spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes. While the chicken cooks, melt butter and mix with the remaining hot sauce and garlic powder. Drizzle buffalo sauce over finished chicken breast and serve.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 5
Inspired By: Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts