Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.
Posts tagged mahi mahi
5 years ago
in Main Course
Recipe: Mahi Mahi with Pine Nut, Parmesan, and Pesto Crust
- 4 Mahi-Mahi fillets, about 6 oz. each (you can use any firm mild white fish)
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp. basil pesto
- 3 tbsp light mayo
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray casserole dish (or individual casserole dishes for presentation) with non-stick spray. Remove the fish fillets from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature while the oven reheats. (Having the fish at room temperature is very important or it won’t cook before the crust topping gets too brown.)
- Use a large chef’s knife to finely chop the pine nuts and mince the garlic. Mix together chopped pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, basil pesto, and mayo.
- Use a rubber scraper to spread the crust mixture evenly over the surface of each fish fillet. Pile it on so all the crust mixture is used.
- Bake fish 10-15 minutes, until fish is firm to the touch and crust mixture is starting to lightly brown. Serve hot.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4