Posts tagged healhty
Recipe: Spicy Sriracha Shrimp
These make great finger food at a party. Turn it into a meal by tossing over field greens or baby spinach and adding grilled pineapple, bell peppers, and a spicy Sriracha-pineapple salad dressing.
- 1/3 cup Sriracha
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp (16 to 20 count), peeled and deveined
- Mix together the Sriracha, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cilantro, and sugar. Season aggressively with salt and pepper. Put in a 1-gallon plastic bag, add the shrimp, and mix together in the bag. Marinate in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours. Or longer.
- Heat a grill. Skewer the shrimp (4 to 6 shrimp per skewer) and grill until pink and delicious, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill, slide the shrimp from the skewer using a fork, and pile on a serving platter. Sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro, and throw a few toothpicks in a few shrimp. Watch them disappear.
If serving over a salad make a quick and spicy Sriracha-pineapple salad dressing by blending together two slices of fresh pineapple, a couple tablespoons pineapple juice, a couple tablespoons lime juice, a couple tablespoons olive oil, and a tablespoon of Sriracha.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Spicy Shrimp
Recipe: Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 to 1 1/4 lbs. medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Pinch of salt, more to taste
- Pinch black pepper, more to taste
- 3 oz. feta cheese (about 2/3 cup, crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken a bit.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, or rice.
Inspired By: Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce