Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.
Posts tagged goulash
6 years ago
in Main Course
Recipe: Bobby’s Goulash
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sour cream (as topping)
- In a Dutch oven, saute the ground beef and ground turkey over medium-high heat, until no pink remains. Break up meat while sauteing; spoon off any grease.
- Add the onions to the pot and saute until they are tender about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water, along with the tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, House Seasoning, and seasoned salt. Stir well.
- Place a lid on the pot and allow this to cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the elbow macaroni, stir well, return the lid to the pot, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaves and allow the mixture to sit about 30 minutes more before serving.
Preparation time: 35 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6