Posts tagged garbonzo beans
Recipe: Chickpea Salad
Feta cheese and chickpeas lend a Mediterranean flair to this satisfying side salad.
- 1 7-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cups peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: Wisk together garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- To prepare salad: Combine chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and onion in a medium bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Inspired By: Chickpea Salad
Recipe: Down and Dirty Pasta e Ceci
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 fillets anchovies
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes
- 3 healthy sprigs rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 can chick peas (do not drain)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb small pasta, like farfalle
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- shaved parmesan
- Dice garlic. Cut up anchovies, roughly chop tomatoes.
- Over medium heat, saute garlic, anchovies and two rosemary sprigs until the anchovies are melted.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Saute 10 or 15 minutes, till the tomatoes are fully cooked. Salt as needed. While cooking, heat the chicken broth in the microwave.
- Increase heat and add can of chick peas, with water in the can, and 3 cups of heated chicken broth. Add last sprig of rosemary. Bring to soft boil.
- Add pasta. The liquid should just barely cover the pasta. Reduce heat to healthy simmer and cook (start with package recommendation but it may take more or less time) . Add more broth if needed. But remember, the broth should be thick, so add the least amount of liquid possible that still allows the pasta to cook. When the pasta is done spoon into bowls. Add shaved Parmesan and ground pepper..
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Down and Dirty Pasta e Ceci