Posts tagged dill
Recipe: Dill Crusted Salmon with Pickled Cucumbers and Radishes
- 2 large cucumbers
- 8 large radishes
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 five-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot.
- Peel cucumbers in lengthwise strips, leaving thin strips of skin between peelings. Slice cucumbers into very thin rounds. Place cucumbers in a bowl with rice-wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons dill, sugar, and salt. Toss to combine, and set aside.
- Coat salmon with remaining dill.
- Transfer salmon to hot grill, and cook several minutes, until nicely browned. Turn over, and continue grilling until just cooked through.
- Serve topped with cucumber and radish mixture.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe: Salmon with Cucumber Dill Salad over Field Greens
This is one of my favorite summer time salmon dishes.
- 4 cucumbers (about 3 1/4 lbs total), peeled, seeds removed, halved lengthwise, cut on bias 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, divided
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1 lemon (2-3 Tbsp), divided
- 1/4 small (about 1/2 lb) red onion, peeled, cut in thin, match-like sticks
- 6 salmon fillets (about 6 oz each), skinned
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (5 oz) Spring Mix (or any other salad mix)
- 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Make cucumber salad: Toss cucumbers with 1 tsp sea salt (to draw out moisture); let set 30 min. Squeeze, then drain water off. Combine cucumbers, sour cream, dill, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and red onion in large bowl; set aside.
- Heat non-stick saute pan or seasoned griddle over medium-high heat. Season both sides of fillets with salt and pepper; Cook fillets 2-3 min, until they have changed color about one-quarter of way up from bottom. Turn over; Cook an additional 2-3 min, to desired doneness.
- Toss spring mix with olive oil, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Place fillets on greens; top with 1/3 cup of cucumber salad.
* The cucumber salad should be made well in advance and sit in the fridge a few hours to let the flavors blend. It can also be made the night before.
* I like a lot of Dill in my salad and will frequently double or triple the amount.
Cooking time (duration): 45 min
Number of servings (yield): 6