Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.
Posts tagged clams
4 years ago
in Main Course
Recipe: Clams Casino Pizza
- 1 recipe of your favorite pizza dough
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1 small red onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 small red pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-5 glugs of tabasco/hot sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cans of minced clams, DRAINED
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Chop the 4 raw slices of bacon and add to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes (no longer), just so a bit of fat is rendered. You do not want the bacon to be crispy at this point. Remove it with a slotted spoon and set it aside in a bowl, then turn heat down to medium. Add in onions and peppers with a sprinkle of salt, and stir. Cook for 5 minutes, continuously stirring. Add in garlic and cook for 3 more minutes. Completely drain clams, then add them to the peppers and onions along with half of the bacon. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add a few shakes of hot sauce.
- Brush olive oil over pizza dough evenly and sprinkle with italian seasoning. Sprinkle dough with 4 ounces of mozzarella. Spoon clam/pepper/onion mixture evenly over pizza, then top with remaining mozzarella, parmesan, and the rest of the bacon. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Clams Casino Pizza