Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.
Posts tagged chowder
5 years ago
in Main Course
Recipe: Tilapia Corn Chowder
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 leek, white part only, halved lengthwise, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, (optional)
- Chop bacon and cook in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Add oil to the pan. Add celery, leek, salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables just begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add broth, potatoes and corn. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cook until the potatoes are just tender and the corn is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Stir in tilapia and thyme; return to a gentle simmer. Cook until the tilapia is cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in half-and-half, lemon juice and the reserved bacon. Garnish with chives, if using.
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Tilapia Corn Chowder