Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.
Posts tagged catfish
Recipe: Chile-Lime Catfish with Corn Saute
- 4 4 – 5 ounces fresh or frozen skinless catfish, sole, or tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper or chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 2/3 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded fresh jalapeno chile pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Measure thickness of fish. In a small bowl stir together lime juice, ancho chile pepper, and salt. Brush mixture evenly over both sides of each fish fillet.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add fish fillets to hot oil; cook for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes when tested with a fork, turning once. Remove fish from skillet. Cover and keep warm.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add corn, onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic; cook about 2 minutes or until vegetables are heated through and just starting to soften, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro.
- To serve, divide corn mixture among serving plates. Top with fish. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Chile-Lime Catfish with Corn Saute