Shrimp with Spicy Garlic Sauce
Recipe: Shrimp with Spicy Garlic Sauce
This works well served over brown Basmati rice.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 6 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Combine the first seven ingredients (soy sauce through chili sauce) in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add this sauce mixture to a small saucepan set over medium heat and bring it to a gentle boil. Let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the dissolved cornstarch and stir, letting the mixture return to a simmer for about a minute, or until it has become glossy and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket set over simmering water, steam the green beans, pepper, and shrimp until the beans are tender and the shrimp have turned an opaque shade of pink.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the steamed shrimp and green beans and toss to combine. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Inspired By: Shrimp with Spicy Garlic Sauce