Seared Pork Tenderloin with Skillet Cherry Mostarda
Recipe: Seared Pork Tenderloin with Skillet Cherry Mostarda
- 1 small (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed of silverskin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for pork, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherries, smashed to remove pit (defrost if using frozen)
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Rub pork tenderloin with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Add pork to pan and cook, turning often, until evenly browned, about 14 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board to rest. (Reserve skillet.)
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and onion to reserved skillet. Cook, stirring release browned bits from bottom of pan, until onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in cherries, vinegar and mustard to skillet.
- To serve, slice tenderloin into 1-inch pieces and top with cherry mostarda.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Seared Pork Tenderloin with Skillet Cherry Mostarda