Recipe: Chickpea Salad
Feta cheese and chickpeas lend a Mediterranean flair to this satisfying side salad.
- 1 7-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cups peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: Wisk together garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- To prepare salad: Combine chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and onion in a medium bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Inspired By: Chickpea Salad