Roasted Vegetable Ragu
Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Ragu
This ragu makes a great side dish or can be used to top pasta or polenta. Pair with some poultry sausage or grilled chicken for a complete meal.
- 1 medium green pepper, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium yellow squash, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 medium zucchini, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 eggplant, ends trimmed, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss pepper, squash, onion, and eggplant in large bowl with oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide and arrange in single layer on 2 large baking sheets.
- Roast on separate racks of oven 20 min. Switch rack position of pans for even roasting. Continue roasting about 15 min until tender and browned.
- Add vegetables, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and wine to saucepan; bring to simmer on LOW. Cook, stirring occasionally, 30 min.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Inspired By: Roasted Vegetable Ragu
About 110 calories per serving