Quick Shrimp Enchilada Bake
Recipe: Quick Shrimp Enchilada Bake
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp, (see Ingredient Note), tails removed, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles, (not drained)
- 2 cups canned green enchilada sauce, or green salsa, divided
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can nonfat refried beans
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese, such as Mexican-style cheese blend, Monterey Jack or Cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine shrimp, corn, chiles and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Cover and microwave on High until heated through, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in the prepared baking dish. Top with a layer of 6 overlapping tortillas. Spread refried beans evenly over the tortillas. Top the beans with the shrimp mixture, followed by the remaining 6 tortillas. Pour the remaining sauce (or salsa) over the tortillas. Cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole until it begins to bubble on the sides, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil; sprinkle cheese on top. Continue baking until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 3, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Allow the cold baking dish to warm slightly before placing in a hot oven.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Inspired By: Quick Shrimp Enchilada Bake