Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
Recipe: Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2.5 lbs)
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 all purpose flour
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper and place in the slow cooker. Pour tomatoes over the chicken, top with onions and peppers, add oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper, give it a quick stir and cover. Set crock pot to LOW for 8 – 10 hours.
- When the timer beeps, remove lid set the crockpot on HIGH. Remove 1/2 cup liquid from crockpot and combine with flour. Stir back into crockpot. Keep the crock pot on HIGH with the lid off for up to one hour to help it thicken.
- Remove bay leaf, adjust salt and pepper and enjoy!
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Inspired By: Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore