Tuna Pasta with Olives & Artichokes
Recipe: Tuna Pasta with Olives & Artichokes
Here we toss grilled tuna with pasta, artichoke hearts, green olives and tomatoes. Grilling the tuna gives this ultra-fresh pasta dish a subtle smokiness.
- 12 ounces tuna steak (about 2 steaks)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces pasta (elbows, rotini, penne, etc)
- 1 14-ounce can quarted artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Toss tuna pieces in a bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried), 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill the tuna until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. When cool enough to handle, flake the tuna into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add artichoke hearts, olives, garlic and the remaining rosemary. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is just beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine; bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are broken down and the wine has reduced slightly, about 3 minutes more. Stir in the pasta, tuna pieces, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with basil (or parsley), if desired.
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Tuna Pasta with Olives & Artichokes
About 454 cal per serving