Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans
Recipe: Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt. Add scallops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add pepper and garlic; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until most of liquid evaporates. Stir in broth and beans; cook 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Grilled garlic bread is great for dipping into the brothy beans. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil evenly over 4 (1-ounce) slices French bread. Add bread to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub one side of each bread slice with cut sides of a halved garlic clove.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Seared Scallops with Warm Tuscan Beans