Sautéd Root Vegetables
Recipe: Sautéd Root Vegetables
This is a great way of using up left over root vegetables. You can through pretty much any sturdy root vegetable into the mix.
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups celery root, 1/2 inch dice
- 2 cups sliced parsnips
- 2 cups peeled sweet potato, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and sauté until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth and thyme and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the broth has evaporated, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
You can also add rutabaga and leeks to the mixture.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Sauté of Root Vegetables