Light Chicken Curry
Recipe: Light Chicken Curry
- 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Three 3-inch lengths fresh lemon grass
- 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- In a blender or food processor, combine the red peppers, onion, broth, coconut milk and curry powder. Process or puree until completely smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a large, deep saute pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer. Use a rolling pin or meat mallet to lightly crush the lemon grass, then add to the sauce. Stir in the chickpeas and carrots. Nestle the chicken thighs into the sauce, being sure the tops are covered. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove and discard the lemon grass. Serve the chicken over rice with chickpeas, carrots and sauce spooned over it.
While the family liked the recipe, personally I found it a little bland. Next time try adding some additional seasoning towards the end, either curry powder or garam masala.
Next time try adding the carrots to the blender.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Speedy and Light Chicken Curry
About 367 cal per serving