Recipe: Garlic Shrimp in Coconut Milk, Tomatoes and Cilantro
- 1 1/4 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can light coconut milk (50% less fat)*
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- In a medium pot, heat oil on low. Add red peppers and sauté until soft (about 4 minutes). Add scallion whites, 1/4 cup cilantro, red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk and salt to taste, cover and simmer on low about 10 minutes to let the flavors blend together and to thicken the sauce.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes. Add lime juice.
- To serve, divide equally among 4 bowls and top with scallions and cilantro.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Garlic Shrimp in Coconut Milk, Tomatoes and Cilantro