Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce
Recipe: Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1 to 1 1/4 lbs. medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Pinch of salt, more to taste
- Pinch black pepper, more to taste
- 3 oz. feta cheese (about 2/3 cup, crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken a bit.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, or rice.
Inspired By: Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce