Recipe: Angel Hair Pasta with Scallops and Tomatoes
- 1 lb bay scallops, dried well
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 14 oz cans diced petite tomatoes, drained
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- Put a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet on high heat. When hot, add 1 tsp of oil and the butter over medium-high heat until mixture starts to brown.
- MAKE SURE THE PAN AND OIL MIXTURE IS VERY HOT – Transfer HALF of the scallops to the skillet and cook WITHOUT MOVING until seared: ABOUT 30 SECONDS. Gently flip and sear on other side for another 20 – 30 SECONDS. Remove from skillet and set aside; cook remaining scallops and repeat as the first batch; set aside with first batch.
- Add the angel hair to the boiling salted water, cook according to package instructions for al dente.
- Reduce the skillet to medium-high heat; add remaining teaspoon of oil. When hot add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of parsley, remove from heat.
- Drain any liquid that accumulates from the scallops, then add the scallops to the skillet and remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Top with the scallops and sauce, more fresh parsley and serve with grated parmigiano if desired.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Angel Hair Pasta with Scallops and Tomatoes
About 368 cal per serving.