Deep Dish Taco Pizza
Recipe: Deep Dish Taco Pizza
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4oz can diced green chilies
- 1 packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cans reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 can fat-free re-fried beans
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Brown meat and onion in a large skillet and drain well.
- Add water, seasoning, and drained tomatoes to meat/onion mixture.
- In a 9×13 baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray – press crescent rolls into the bottom and halfway up the sides.
- Spread re-fried beans on top of the crescent roll layer (Yes, this is harder than it sounds…just do it gently and your rolls wont get too mangled.).
- Spoon meat mixture over the bean layer.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 12 minutes – remove from oven and top with cheese.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes (or until the cheese melts and the edges of the crust are browned).
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Inspired By: Skinny Deep Dish Taco Pizza