Chicken and Artichokes in Wine Sauce
Recipe: Chicken and Artichokes in Wine Sauce
- 8 oz Meza Rigatoni
- 2 cans whole artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1/2 cups flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups dry yet mellow white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 1/2 lemon
- Flat-leaf (Italian) parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut the artichoke hearts in half lengthwise. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, about 1 inch to a side. In a medium bowl, mix the flour with about 1 teaspoon salt and a generous quantity of black pepper. Toss the chicken pieces in the flour.
- Set a large skillet (at least 12 inches wide) over medium-high heat. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the artichokes. Cook for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned on each side. Remove the artichokes from the skillet and transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Lift the chicken pieces out of the flour and arrange in the skillet. Sauté the chicken pieces for 5 to 7 minutes or until well-browned on both sides. (For best flavor, look for a golden crust to develop, and make sure both sides are browned.) Add the browned artichokes back to the pan.
- Pour in the white wine and and stir and scrape up any bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer and let it simmer for 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat. The sauce will thicken. Stir well to coat everything with the wine sauce. Stir in a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice.
- Serve with pasta. Garnish, if desired, with finely chopped parsley.
Inspired By: Chicken and Artichokes in Wine Sauce