Recipe: Spaghetti Squash and Tomato Bake
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 large tomatoes sliced (about 16 slices)
- ground pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- dried basil
- dried parsley
- 1/2 cup low-fat shedded Mexican cheese blend
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the spaghetti squash. To cook, cut the squash in half and remove seed. Place cut side down in a casserole dish and add 1/2 inch water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high until done, about 10 minutes.
- Spray a 11 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread about half of spaghetti squash on the bottom and sprinkle with salt and spices.
- Top with half of the sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- Repeat with the rest of the squash, spices, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Top with some fresh cut basil.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Inspired By: Spaghetti Squash and Tomato Bake