Recipe: Pork Chili Verde
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups pulled pork
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 4 cans white beans
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- Kosher Salt
- Garnish with Green Onions and Cilantro
- In a large heavy pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and add the onion. Sprinkle with kosher salt and let cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the pulled pork to the onion and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the salsa verde to the pork and onions and simmer together.
- Rinse and drain the white beans.
- Add the beans to the chili.
- Add the chicken stock, put a lid on the chili and simmer for an hour.
- Add the cumin and chili powder and then season to taste with kosher salt.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8