Roasted Cauliflower with Red Chile, Cilantro & Lime
Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower with Red Chile, Cilantro & Lime
- 1 large head Cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Red New Mexico Chile Powder (substitute Ancho Chile Powder if you don’t have Red New Mexico)
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried Red Chile
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds toasted and ground
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Separate the florets from the Cauliflower. Put them in a bowl with the garlic, chile powder, crushed chile, cumin, salt & olive oil and toss gently to mix together and coat well.
- Spread the seasoned Cauliflower in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- When done, remove from oven.
- Dress with lime juice and chopped cilantro leaves.
We do a variation of this recipe using a combination of broccoli and cauliflower to which we add onions, as well. The onions add a little sweetness to the dish and keep it a little more moist. The broccoli roasts beautifully and the little florets pick up the little tidbits of garlic and chile powder. Give this a try.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Inspired By: Roasted Cauliflower with Red Chile, Cilantro & Lime