Recipe: Florentine Ravioli
The flavors of Italy are best expressed in simplicity: a dash of spices, a little oil and dinner’s on the table in minutes—especially if you use frozen spinach and frozen ravioli or tortellini.
- 4 servings frozen cheese ravioli or tortellini
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen chopped or whole-leaf spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook ravioli (or tortellini) according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add salt, crushed red pepper to taste, spinach and water. Cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach has thawed, wilted and heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Divide among 4 bowls, top with the pasta and drizzle 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil over each portion. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Florentine Ravioli