Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
Recipe: Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
- 3 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack or Mexican blend (Sargento)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 juicy limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and pound thin if needed.
- Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.
These can be prepared the night before, up to the point of cooking. Store in the refrigerator for a quick dinner the next night
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
Amount per Serving
Calories from Fat 92.3
Total Fat 10.25g
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Total Carbohydrate 12.17g
Dietary Fiber 0.76g