Recipe: Roasted Chickpeas
These make a very addictive snack. Much better than popcorn when watching a movie.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse chickpeas well, and dry using a paper towel. Discard any loose skins.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the dry chickpeas and stir to coat.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet (line with parchment paper for easy cleanup).
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. They are done when the are brown and crunchy.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
While the above seasoning is my favorite, any seasoning will work well. Some other options are:
- Lemon-pepper: salt, pepper, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard
- Smoky Spiced: adobo sauce, ground cumin, and salt
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4