Recipe: Grilled Lemon Basil Swordfish
- 4 Swordfish Steaks, about 6 oz each
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsp Water
- Handful of Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 Whole Lemons
- The swordfish should be placed in the marinade about an hour before grilling. To make the marinade, mix the lemon juice, water, and basil in a shallow container. Season the steaks well with salt and pepper. Place in the marinade and refrigerate. After about 30 minutes, flip the steaks.
- Preheat the grill on high to get the grates nice and hot before grilling. While the grill is preheating, slice two slices of lemon out of the center of each lemon. You should have a total of four lemon slices and four lemon ends.
- Reduce the grill to medium heat. Oil the grate well so that the swordfish does not stick. Grill the swordfish for 5 minutes on the first side. At the same time the swordfish goes down, place the four lemon slices on the grill. Half way through, rotate the fish 45 degrees to create the diamond shaped grill marks. Also flip the lemon slices.
- Flip the swordfish over and cook four another 4-5 minutes, depending on thickness (do not overcook the swordfish). Immediately after flipping, place the grilled lemon slices on top of the fish. Now place the four lemon ends on the grill, flesh side down. Half way through, rotate the swordfish 45 degrees and flip the lemons.
- Serve the swordfish steaks immediately, with the lemon slice on top and the grilled lemon ends.
Preparation time: 1 hour(s) 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Per serving: 210 calories