Recipe: Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil, plus some for drizzling
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small McIntosh apple, chopped
- 2 ribs celery from the heart, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped sage leaves, or 1 teaspoon ground dried sage
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 store bought corn muffins
- 8 thin boneless center cut pork loin chops
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and bacon to the skillet and cook 2 minutes. Add apple, celery and onion and season the mixture with herbs, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Cook vegetables 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Crumble the corn muffins into the pan and combine stuffing.
- Preheat a large skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Drizzle chops with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook chops 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Do not over cook. The chops should be firm but still giving off juices.
- To assemble stuffed chops, set a thin chop on dinner plate or serving plate. Mound the pork chop with stuffing, allowing some to spill onto the plate, then top with a second chop. Repeat with 3 remaining servings.
Cooking time (duration): 30 min
Number of servings (yield): 4