Pasta with Escarole, Beans, & Sausage
Recipe: Pasta with Escarole, Beans, & Sausage
- 1/2 lbs Penne Rigate, prepared per pkg directions, keep warm
- 2 pkgs (15 oz each) Fresh Chopped Escarole
- 1 pkg (about 1 1/4 lb) Hot Italian Pork Sausage Patties, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (crushed red pepper)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 can (15.5 oz) Cannellini Beans (do not drain)
- 1 cup Chicken Culinary Stock
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf)
- Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Blanch escarole 1-2 min in large pot of boiling salted water. Drain; set aside.
- Cook sausage in large skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH, stirring frequently and breaking up with spoon, 5-7 min, until thoroughly cooked. Remove sausage and set aside. Drain drippings from pan.
- Add oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic to skillet. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW. Cook, stirring, 1 min. Add sausage and escarole; stir to combine. Cook 1 min; reduce heat to LOW. Add beans and liquid and stock; simmer 1 min.
- Add pasta to escarole mix; stir to combine. Add cheese and parsley; stir to combine. Let simmer, 2-3 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Why blanch greens? It’s recommend for vibrant color and less bitter taste.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Inspired By: Pasta with Escarole, Beans, & Sausage