Recipe: Ricotta Cookies
This classic Italian cookie is real crowd pleaser any time of the year. It’s easy to make and has a unique flavor.
- For the cookies:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time and beat thoroughly. Add
ricotta and vanilla; beat 1 minute.
- Sift together dry ingredients then combine with moist ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet (I use a melon ball to get a uniform size). The dough is
- Bake for 11-15 minutes until bottoms are light brown.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for the glaze until smooth. If too thick, add a bit more milk. You could also add lemon zest for additional lemony flavor.
- Once cooled, you can frost these with the glaze.
This recipe makes a lot of cookies. It also works well halved.
Number of servings (yield): 75 cookies
Inspired By: Ricotta Cookies