Recipe: Apple Berry Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
This is a great recipe for kids to make.
- Cinnamon Chips:
- 4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- For cinnamon chips, lightly spray tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in flour/sugar shaker; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on round baking stone. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.
- For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apples into quarters; chop with food chopper. Slice strawberries and chop kiwi. Place fruit in 1 quart bowl. Zest orange and juice. Add orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly to fruit mixture, mix gently.
- Chill salsa and serve with cinnamon chips. Serve with cinnamon chips.