Roasted Acorn Squash with Brandied Apples & Raisins
Recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash with Brandied Apples & Raisins
- 2 small acorn squash, quartered, seeded
- 2 Tbsp butter
- dash paprika
- dash ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 small McIntosh apples, cored, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange squash quarters on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Melt butter in small saucepan; spoon over squash. Sprinkle squash with paprika and cinnamon; season with salt and pepper. Roast about 35-40 min, until tender. Set aside.
- Add dark and golden raisins and apple to large bowl; toss to combine. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to saute pan. Add apple-raisin mixture. Saute on MEDIUM-HIGH 5-8 min, until tender.
- Add brandy, stirring. Flambee (carefully). Add brown sugar. Cook, stirring, 1-2 min, until reduced to syrupy consistency.
- Top squash with apple-raisin mixture. Garnish with thyme leaves.
Save the acorn squash seeds and toast them for a great snack.
Cooking time (duration): 45 min
Number of servings (yield): 8
Inspired By: Roasted Acorn Squash with Brandied Apples & Raisins
Each serving (1/4 squash, 1/4 cup filling) contains 200 calories, 36 g carbohydrate, (3 g fiber), 2 g protein, 7 g fat, (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, and 5 mg sodium.