Recipe: Rhubarb-Raspberry Crunch
Rhubarb summer refresher. A yummy blend of rhubarb and raspberries surrounded by a brown sugar and oats crust. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or pour on some half and half.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant tapioca
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, cornstarch and salt. Place rhubarb and raspberries into bowl making sure to completely coat them with dry ingredients. Pour into baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and oats. Cut in butter until mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs. Spread on top of fruit mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender.
Cooking time (duration): 15 min
Number of servings (yield): 24
Inspired By: Rhubarb-Raspberry Crunch