Recipe: Chili-Cheese Black Bean Enchiladas
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12-ounces ground buffalo (or turkey or lean beef)
- 3/4 cup bottled salsa
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add ground buffalo, onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until meat is browned. Stir in cumin, oregano, chili powder, garlic, beans and cook 2 minutes, stirring mixture frequently.
- Stir in salsa, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and add cream cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread 1/3 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon about 1/3 cup black bean mixture down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange enchiladas, seam sides down, crosswise in dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Inspired By: Chili Cheese Black Bean Enchiladas