Recipe: Shrimp & Plum Kebobs
Toss quick-cooking shrimp, juicy summertime plums and zesty jalapeños with a simple cilantro-lime marinade for a deluxe meal in minutes. If you like, use peaches or nectarines in place of the plums and red or green bell peppers for the jalapeños.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, or toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lbs large raw shrimp, (12 per pound down to 24 per pound work well), peeled and deveined
- 3 jalapeño peppers seeded and quartered lengthwise or 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1 1/2″ squares
- 2 plums, pitted and cut into sixths
- Whisk oil, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and salt in a large bowl. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a small bowl to use as dressing. Add shrimp, jalapeños and plums to the remaining marinade; toss to coat.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Make 4 kebobs, alternating shrimp, pepper and plums evenly among four 10-inch skewers. (Discard the marinade.) Grill the kebabs, turning once, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Drizzle with the reserved dressing.
Cooking time (duration): 35 min
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Shrimp & Plum Kebabs
Each serving: 194 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 221 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 1 g fiber; 446 mg sodium; 292 mg potassium.