Recipe: Mike’s Fajitas
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs steak (see note)
- flour tortillas
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 bottle beer
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano. chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade together and marinate steak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Cook steak 2 to 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness, until desired doneness.
- Let the steak rest while cooking the peppers and onions in a non-stick skillet with the olive oil. Cook the peppers and onion about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Server immediately.
About the steak: Traditionally skirt steak is used for fajitas. However, due to the popularity of fajitas, skirt steak is currently very expensive. Look for a cheap and thin steak such as flank.
Quick Meal:This meal can be very fast. The night before when making the marinade, slice the peppers and onions and store in the fridge. The next day, dinner will be on the table in 15 to 20 minutes.
Cooking time (duration): 20 min
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe By: Michael Penza