Grilled Scallop Kabob
Recipe: Grilled Scallop Kabob
- 1/2 large (about 3/4 lb) yellow pepper, washed, cored, seeded and cut in 1-inch squares
- 1/2 large (about 3/4 lb) green pepper, washed, cored, seeded and cut in 1-inch squares
- 1/2 medium (about 1/2 lb) orange pepper, washed, cored, seeded and cut in 1-inch squares
- 1/2 small (about 1/2 lb) red onion, peeled, quarterd and seperated in layers
- 20 all natural sea scallops
- Basting Oil
- Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min.
- Prepare kabobs by alternating peppers, onions, and scallops on skewers.
- Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil.
- Drizzle kabobs lightly with basting oil(too much oil will cause flare-ups).
- Place kabobs on grill, sear each side 1-2 min, reduce heat to LOW.
- Cook until scallops reach internal temp of 130 degrees, about 10-12 min. Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of scallop. Transfer to clean platter; let rest at least 2 min.
When grilling seafood, I will normally place a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil on the grates and spray with cooking spray. The seafood is much less likely to stick and fall apart.
Cooking time (duration): 30
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Grilled Scallop Kabob
Each serving: Each serving (1 kabob) contains 180 calories, 19 g carbohydrate, (3 g fiber), 17 g protein, 5 g fat, (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, and 140 mg sodium.