Creamy Zucchini with Linguine
Recipe: Creamy Zucchini with Linguine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and garlic to hot oil, and season with salt and red pepper flakes. Cook, turning occasionally, until zucchini are well browned on all sides, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Stir milk into zucchini, and simmer until it is reduced by about half, about 10 minutes. Add pasta to skillet, and stir well. Sprinkle parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan over the top, and toss. Garnish with remaining Parmesan to serve.
Do not skimp on the oil. The oil and whole milk create the sauce and without the proper amounts of both, the sauce will not turn out.
Cooking time (duration): 50 min
Number of servings (yield): 6
Inspired By: Creamy Zucchini with Linguine
Each serving: Calories: 400, Total Fat: 20.3g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 216mg, Total Carbs: 46.2g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Protein: 8.8g