Recipe: Southwestern Scallops
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sea scallops (about 12)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Rub seasoning mixture over scallops.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook scallops for 2 minutes on each side or until opaque and golden brown. Remove from the skillet; keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in remaining butter until melted. Serve with scallops. Yield: 4 servings.
Cooking time (duration): 20 min
Number of servings (yield): 4