Recipe: Haddock Piccata
- 4 fresh haddock fillets (about 6 oz each), skinned, halved on the bias
- sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp non pareil capers, drained
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Wegmans Lemon Butter Sauce (Prepared Foods)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp butter
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in medium saucepan on MEDIUM; add shallots. Cook, stirring 2-3 min, until lightly browned. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan. Cook on MEDIUM-HIGH, 4-5 min until liquid is reduced by half. Add capers and lemon butter sauce. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper; bring to simmer. Reduce heat to LOW. Keep warm as fillets cook.
- Season fillets with sea salt and cracked pepper and dust with flour; pat off excess. Heat remaining olive oil in large skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes; add fillets. Turn over when fillets change color about one-quarter of way up and seared side has turned paper-bag brown, 3-4 min.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW. Cook 2-3 min or until internal temp reaches 120 degrees. (Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of fillets.)
- Add 1 Tbsp oil and butter to pan; swirl. Baste with spoon, 1-2 min, until internal temp reaches 130 degrees. Transfer to clean platter; let rest at least 2 min. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with sauce.
Cooking time (duration): 30 min
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Haddock Piccata
Each serving (2 fillet pieces, 1/3 cup sauce) contains 330 calories, 7 g carbohydrate, (0 g fiber), 35 g protein, 16 g fat, (5 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, and 560 mg sodium.