Caribbean Chicken and Pineapple Salsa
Recipe: Caribbean Chicken and Pineapple Salsa
- 1 1/4 cups Fiber One® original bran cereal
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning (dry)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mango, papaya or chopped apricots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place wire rack on sheet pan and spray rack with cooking spray. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor). Place cereal in shallow dish. Stir in jerk seasoning.
- Slightly pound chicken to even thickness. In large food-storage plastic bag, place chicken, buttermilk, mustard and pepper sauce. Seal bag; shake well. Remove chicken from bag; coat with cereal mixture. Place on wire rack.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until thickest part is 165°F. Meanwhile, mix salsa ingredients. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve with chicken.
Cooking time (duration): 30 min
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Caribbean Chicken and Pineapple Salsa
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 380mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 11g); Protein 34g