Tilapia with Tomato & Avocado Salsa
Recipe: Tilapia with Tomato & Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- cooking spray
- flour (cake flour is best)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch of cayenne, if desired
- Combine tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime juice to taste, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in avocado and cilantro. Add cayenne (if using).
- Heat non-stick saute pan or seasoned griddle over medium-high heat.
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge in flour.
- Spray pan with cooking spray. Cook tilpia about 2 minutes per side, until desired doneness.
- Serve tilapia with salsa on top.
* You may also want to add a small dollop of sour cream on top of the fish and salsa.
Cooking time (duration): 20 min
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Tomato & Avocado Salsa