Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons & Parsley Brown Butter
Recipe: Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons & Parsley Brown Butter
- 1 pound fresh or frozen gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 pound zucchini, (about 3 small), very thinly sliced lengthwise (see Tip)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi until they float, 3 to 5 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the butter is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add shallots and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, nutmeg and pepper and continue cooking, stirring often, until the tomatoes are just starting to break down, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and parsley. Add the gnocchi and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Tip: To make “ribbon-thin” zucchini, slice lengthwise with a vegetable peeler or a mandoline slicer.
Cooking time (duration): 20 min
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons & Parsley Brown Butter
Per serving: 424 calories; 10 g fat (6 g sat, 0 g mono); 25 mg cholesterol; 66 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 5 g fiber; 753 mg sodium; 539 mg potassium.