Recipe: Shrimp Stuffed Fillet
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, in all
- 1 teaspoon finely minced onions
- 1 teaspoon finely minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon finely minced celery
- 1 teaspoon finely minced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 pound small shrimp
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fine, dried bread crumbs
- Emeril’s Essence Creole Seasoning
- 4 Filet Mignons, 6 to 7 ounces each, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, green onions, celery, red peppers, shallots, and garlic. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, water and bread crumbs. Season with Essence and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a slit about 2 inches along into the side of each steak forming a pocket. Season the meat with Essence inside and out of the pocket. Using a spoon, fill each pocket with about 1/4 cup of the stuffing.
- In a large saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil, over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the filets and sear for 2 to 3 on each side. Remove the pan from the heat and place in the oven. Roast for 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare.
Emeril’s Essence can be purchased in the spice isle of most grocery stores.
Any size shrimp will do. Just cut large shrimp into bite-sized pieces.
Cooking time (duration): 40 min
Number of servings (yield): 4
Inspired By: Rock Shrimp Stuffed Fillet